About INRIX Connected Services
INRIX Connected Services is a suite of online applications and services that provide traffic information and location based services to connected devices over the Internet. These services can be used to build a wide variety of compelling client applications and services that provide users with the most useful, timely, and accurate information. These services are designed to provide for a rich user experience, even on devices that have highly constrained bandwidth and processing capabilities. Some examples of applications that can be built on INRIX services include:
- Integrated views of traffic flow and incident information, incorporating real-time and predictive data
- Integrated traffic-influenced routing with other information based on real-time and predictive traffic
- Customized traffic-based alerts
- Traffic data maps, rendered without need for client-specific imagery licensing
- Display traffic data on a map, even without specific mapping licenses
- Rich INRIX location based information services
- The Connected Services can be consumed by devices with an Internet connection by using a simple HTTP-based API. This documentation shows how to request data using the services, and how to work with data returned by the service.
The Connected Services API is simple and designed to work well on mobile devices with constrained bandwidth and processing power. The only requirements are:
- a device with an HTTP connection over the Internet to the INRIX servers
- a valid pair of Vendor and Consumer authorization IDs, issued by INRIX
A Vendor ID and Consumer ID suitable for evaluation and development purposes can be obtained by registering on the INRIX DevZone. Production applications must use Vendor and Consumer authorization IDs issued by INRIX.
To contact INRIX for production authorization IDs, email email@example.com